Skin care routine

Monday, November 18, 2013

 

My skin care routine is pretty simple. My skin as I have aged, has gotten sensitive to changes in products and I tend to break out if it’s too drastic. For the longest time, I had oily skin. I didn’t really break out a lot since I kept my skin clean, but I did break out and I never changed my routine. About six month ago, I went into Ulta looking for the face brightener that Clinique sells. They didn’t have it, but the salesperson steered me towards a different question. She asked me a few questions and to my surprise, my skin was COMBINATION. Who knew? So, based on this new information I bought some new things to better care for my skin.

1347First step is this facial wash that I found. The clerk recommended that I use just a bit of water, work it into my face, then one I rubbed it around a bit, and then lather up. She was saying that if you lather up first, you tend to wash away about 50 of the facial wash. A little does go a long way

Perfect_tone_skin_prep__67751.1380843695.1280.1280I use this astringent when my face is feeling kind dirty or I’m in the middle of a breakout.

31jA79RJqHL._SY300_After I rinse off, I use this facial lightener. I have a few scars on my face from chicken pox and acne breakouts that I just couldn’t keep my fingers away from. I also have a darkening of the skin that is common in women of color and this helps even things out. I let this sit in for about 5 min…enough time to pick out an outfit. I sometimes use an under eye roller from Oil of Olay, but lately I have just been using the skin brightener. I think I may go back to the under eye treatment though. Winters here in CO are tough on the skin.

31qFZlHSc1L._SY300_I finish with Oil of Olay moisturizer. I used to use a gel one from H2O, but they stopped carrying it a long time ago. Oil of Olay has done me well so I stay with them. I may have to use something a bit heavier though this winter…actually every winter. My skin dries out like a paper bag in the cold and I do not find flaky skin sexy.

After all this, I’m ready to go. About once a month, I will use a nice clay mask to draw out impurities and the occasional facial scrub.

Tell me ladies…what do you use to keep you skin radiant and healthy?

1 comment:

  1. I love the oil of olay moisturiser, especially in the winter. I love the concept of your blog and am yet to try the Exuviance for the eyes but it sounds interesting
    much love
    bohobun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS