Most extravagant purchase in my life:

Monday, October 28, 2013

 

I’m going to get a little personal here for a moment, only because I feel the back-story is needed.

At the beginning of this year (2013), February 29 to be exact, my divorce was finalized. In the settlement, we split his retirement and I elected to receive a lump sum.

Fast forward to June, when I received the check. I wanted something to represent me, to cheer me up and help me put the past behind me. I wanted to just spend on something that I wanted and I honed in on a purse. A bag to be exact and it had to be beautiful. Large. Name brand. Luxurious. The epitome of glam and elegance and sophistication and just…everything I wanted my life to be now that I was single. Where does a girl go when she wants to feel all those things without surgery?

To Louis Vuitton of course.

I picked this bag:

DSCN0145The Neverfull GM

And fell in love. To me it represented everything that I wanted to be, everything that I planned to be now that I was single, thinner than I had ever been in my life and happy. The moment I handed over my check card and the sales clerk handed me my bag in return…it felt like everything was falling into place. No, it didn’t solve all my problems or lessen the sting still in my heart of the divorce, but it did make me smile and that my friends…is a good place to start.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS