What to watch on TV

Friday, September 22, 2017


Lately, I have not been into T.V. It could be that I have no cable or that between running behind my 1 year old, a full class load and working several jobs, I just don't have the time to sit down and just...veg out. Even though I just said all this, I still have a few shows that I do manage to make time for.

Claws is at the top of this list.
Claws is a midnight-dark, wickedly funny meditation on female badness set in a South Florida nail salon. It follows the rise of five diverse and treacherous manicurists working at the Nail Artisan of Manatee County salon, where there is a lot more going on than silk wraps and pedicures. Claws is about good women caught in bad places with worse men. It's the story of hardworking women trying to get by in this economy, set against the surreal, bright, gritty landscape of Florida and the luscious, absurd, extreme excesses of the crime world.
Niecy Nash is the main star and I just...uh...I love it. I just loved this show and all the characters and the plot. Just dark enough to satisfy my morbid humor like but still funny enough to make you wonder if you imagined the darkness. I can not wait for it to come back on TV.

My second favorite is probably a no brainer. The Walking Dead. I have been riding with this show since it first aired. I did not watch the last season, though I did read all the spoilers and blow by blow accounts. I having watched the season finale where they killed...you know...I just had to take a step back for my sanity. I was way to involved in this world and it actually hurt me deep when they did what they did. Now that things seem to be back on the right track, I am ready to give it my heart again. I can not wait for Rick to make his comeback.

My third favorite is Lt. Joe Kenda on the ID channel. The setting of this crime show is him retelling some of his most interesting crime cases from the 60's and 70's and I just...it is so satisfying to watch him almost always catch his killer. There is very little gore or mayhem like some other crime shows, and I think that's what I like about it. Also...his tagline of "My, my, my..." cracks me up every time. I just love this show.

I'm always on the lookout for new shows, so tell me, what are some of your most favorite TV shows?

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS