Top Guilty Pleasures

Wednesday, October 18, 2017


My Top guilty pleasures



As I secretly indulged in some of my favorite things this week, I started thinking about guilty pleasures. The urban dictionary says guilty pleasures are those things we shouldn’t like, but we like anyway. I think this is a paradox or even better…an oxymoron (I do enjoy getting to use big words). They are things we do but don’t talk about to anyone, or maybe our BFF’s when we’ve had one glass to many. If we really like doing something, we shouldn’t feel guilty about it, right?

Watching Keeping Up with Kardashians.

I will not deny the pleasure I get when I happen to have a moment to sit down and watch this family in action. I especially loved the earlier seasons, the later ones not so much. I know that I’m not alone, or the show would have gone off the air by now. While some may say the show is so bad it’s good, I’m not one of them. There is something about them that just…sits so well with me. Especially Kourtney and her sarcasm. I mean…it’s so biting I love it.

Dropping my daughter off with her GMa’s

(dodging the rocks people are throwing) Now, I don’t have to explain to any mother who works and goes to school and maintains a household just what this means to one’s sanity. I have been blessed with a close-knit family that is willing and able to help me out when needed. I do try not to use it too much, but when I do…ahhh. I love my daughter (duh!) but sometimes…mommy needs a time out of her own.

Dancing Like No One Is Watching

dancing like no one is watching, is something all people do (I hope). Sometimes I do it when I’m alone and listening to music or maybe making dinner, and sometimes I do it to entertain my daughter when I have to put her in her highchair.  I even do it in the car, cruising at a cool 75(ish). Whenever, I just like the freedom of not having a care in the world for those few minutes.

Facebook Creeping

Throughout my life, I have met, befriends and un-friended countless people. They were childhood friends, high school sweethearts, an ex-husband and even a BFF from high school. Creeping on exes on social media is totally normal and acceptable and I do secretly love it when I see that my ex is unhappy or my old frenemies got fat or fired or whatever. It feels good when you compare yourself to someone else and “win” that imaginary battle.

Being petty

This ties into the creeping. While my mom will gasp at this and say she raised me better, the truth is that occasionally, I do enjoy being petty. I try not to be all the time, because that rebound like a bad rubber band to the face, but sometimes, a lesson must be taught. Amiright?

Hover Rover 

I must admit, sometimes I like to look over strangers’ shoulders and read their text messages or emails, maybe peep their Instagram page to see what they are posting. I linger over people with the most interesting conversations and quickly turn away when they look at me, looking at their phone.

Now that I have laid bare my pleasures I keep hidden, tell me about yours. What do you hope no one will ever find out?





DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS