Beauty Finds

Monday, January 13, 2014

I have a confession:

I am not the biggest foundation wearer. *gasp*

It's true...it really is.

It's usually too heavy and it makes my skin feel stiff and unnatural. When I do wear it, my t-zone is so oily that it tends to slide off and then I leave foundation all over the place. Trust me, it’s a mess. But I like the look of it when I do wear, how it makes my skin look flawless and a little more refined…smooth…pretty. Due to this fact, I’ve been on the lookout for a replacement. Something that I could wear everyday and not feel as if I’m in a mask. The closet I've found is the mousse foundation from Cover Girl. But to be honest, its not an everyday thing for me and I wanted more.

While in Macy’s the other day, I came across the MAC counter and this little tube of BB cream:
DSCF0344
Go here to check it out: http://goo.gl/m19PhV

I decided to give it a whirl. It went on smooth and had a nice finish to it that I felt was close to wearing a hard core foundation. It didn’t feel as stiff as most foundations that I've tried and set to a nice finish. I still though, found it to be a bit heavy, but not as bad. I could see myself wearing this on a day to day basis though, which makes it worth the $30 that I spent on it.

I found the brush at Ulta and it helps in giving that nice smooth finish that one finds with foundation.

On a side note…how does one keep it from rubbing off on everything?

DSCF0346
DSCF0345
Check it out: http://goo.gl/ulDdSc

I have seen this eye cream all over YouTube for months now, but haven't had the chance to try it out. The other day, while in Ulta, I saw they had installed a benefit store. Perfect time to try this stuff out. They didn’t have a full jar, but the Benefit clerk was nice enough to give ma small sample to try out. According to her, it’s potent, so this little jar may last me a while. Now, I don’t have dark circles or fine lines yet…but I really don’t want them anytime either. So, I’m going to give this a try. I was using the Oil of Olay roller ball, but I ran out and wanted to try something new. So…we shall see how this goes.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS