Bedroom styling

Friday, May 1, 2015

I’m not sure if I mentioned it earlier or not, but I have been on the hunt for a headboard. I wanted one of those lush, heavily tufted, wingback armed headboards. Something that made a statement and just made the eyes happy to see. I searched high and low and found quite a few pieces that I fell in love with…until I saw the prices.

Not so much in love.

So…I decided to embark on the adventure of making one for myself. I’ve watched all the YouTube videos, seen all the blogs of crafty DIYer’s. I was confident that I could do it.

Why does not one tell you that the longest hardest part if just finding the right fabric!?

Anyways…

After searching high and low,  I found fabric that I could be happy with and proceeded to produce my masterpiece. My mother and I worked diligently on this project for about two days. We tried to rope my dad in, but he was not having it. Oh well

After the addition of some nice sparkly buttons, I think that I did a good job.

IMG_20150318_210310

pay no attention to the mound of pillows on the bed or the untidiness. I took the picture right after hanging it on the wall and I seem to have lost all my other cook photos of this creation.

If I’m honest, this is not the result I was looking for. I do enjoy, but I think that I may have to bite the bullet and buy what I really want. Either that, or not let my mother help me with it next time. I wanted it more lush than this and my mother was like “Why?”

That should have been a hint, but alas…it was not.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS