Table time…part 2

Friday, May 8, 2015

Let’s get back to the table shall we? Last time we talked, this is where we were at:6028601_IMG_1176.jpg

Okay, but there were a few dings and scratches that needed to be taken care of. So, my dad rolled the top into his shop and got to work. I wish that I had taken pictures of the shop while he was working, but I seem not have done that. (hmmm…)

Anyways…

It took a bit of elbow grease and being talked out of painting the table either a shiny black or gray to match the chairs…still on the fence about that one to be honest, but in the end, the result was wonderful

IMG_0736The table is not as shiny as it was before which works for me. It was nice but I like this more subdued looked better.

IMG_0737I left the chairs that came with the table the same color as the table and they do work with other chairs. I covered them in the same fabric as the gray chairs, tying them into the scheme nicely. (did I mention that before? I can’t remember)

Not the same but a nice coordination of what I already have.

I took one of the extra chairs from the table and covered in something different to go in the bedroom. IMG_0730(is it just me or do I need to start taking better and more pictures?)

It’s a nice piece to sit and put on your shoes or just lay out clothes for the next day. Perhaps at a later date I’ll get one of those lush club chairs to serve this purpose but for now…I’m liking this addition as well.

And so ends the saga of my table love. I do like the roundess of the table for an apartment dining room. It does not take up a lot of space and is easy enough to accomadate more people if needed. Now, if I could just get more light into the space…I’d be happy.

 

 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS