Home Decor

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I have to admit…I love decorating. I like to take a blank canvas and turn it into a showpiece. (at least…it’s a showpiece in my own head…but still) It’s fashion for the home, a trued extension of one’s self.*Whoa…got deep there*


Right now, I have a new apartment that I am decorating. I have a few pieces in storage, but most of my furniture from before I have given away or sold or donated. So right now, I am definitely starting from scratch. Which is really…an exhilarating feeling. The idea of buying new things and watching everything fall into place. The thrill of find new things, doing some DIY projects and putting your mark on a place is just so…FUN.


The space I’m working with is a one bedroom apartment…around 650sq. A good size, with ample room to decorate and just get creative. Today, I want to show you the dining room. A good before shot will help you see what I’m working with.
IMG_0489(Don’t mind the boxes and bag.)
I know it’s a bit dark in the space, but I’m considering investing in a new light fixture to brighten things up. It all depends on if I stay in this apartment longer than a year, though I could always take the fixture with me. Hmmm…
 
The color scheme I have in my head is:
b1ada75077a151adc9b08145d705f8b4
With a bit of bling thrown in to give it that glam look.


The overall feel that I’m looking to achieve is:
3d764c031449e562a1c8858049c64521
but with a round table. This is going to be the first of many projects in this apartment and I’m eager to get started. There's going to be quite a few DIY’s and I’ve collected quite a few Ikea hack ideas on my Pinterest boards.


This is going to be a fun ride.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS