Packing and Vacay…

Saturday, December 7, 2013

 

I headed home for thanksgiving and to say that I was excited…an understatement at best. My family is the center of my universe and to be this far from them sometimes makes me a little…lonely. So, packing for this trip was more fun than I can really put into words. Part of the excitement is picking out what to wear. I went down for 8 days and my mother likes activities. Shopping, sightseeing, cooking, baking…you name it, she’s into it. My father is retired and reclining is his activity. I say have at it…a retired army captain and then worked for another 20-30 years…you do what you want and let anyone say different. What all this means is that packing was an adventure for me. In preparation, I had to buy a suitcase.

20131005_104513DSCF0200

I love the color of this and I feel that I can expand it with black, more purple or even…zebra stripes. Yes, you can see the funky side of me coming out with that statement. While I’m unsure of what exactly I should wear, I do know some of the activities that are going on. My mother has decided to turn this day into a reunion of sorts for some of the cousins on her side. There aren’t that many, but there are enough that it’s going to be a packed house. YES!

Sounds weird, but I miss my family and while they will drive me crazy, I would never trade it for anything. I see too many people who are miserable in their family and I do not want to be on that road. I love them and that is that.

I will be packing staples: jeans, casual shirts…

But what else? Maybe some leggings?

A few T-shirts? You should have seen the shiver that went down my spine. I do not do t-shirts…or sweats for that matter. I do work out, but that is the only time you see me in sweats or yoga pants. On that note, I will be taking work out gear.

Maybe I’ll bring a pair of boots. I’ll be in NC, but I know the temps will be low so boots will be okay. I also know that I’ll be bringing home some clothes, a nice little haul if you will, so there is that to consider as well. I think…I have a few ideas. Tell me what you think

DSCF0207

DSCF0206

DSCF0204

DSCF0208

I had more outfits, but they did not seem to save to my SD card…hmmm…

 

How was your Thanksgiving? Where did you go and what did you wear?

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS